Autumn internship in GIS and migration
Nordregio is currently seeking an intern with an interest in GIS and migration in Nordic countries and Europe. The successful candidate will work with different research tasks in Nordic and European projects related to analysing and visualising migration both internationally and internally. At Nordregio, we work to make our research relevant for decision-makers. One example is the project FUME: Future Migration Scenarios for Europe.
As an intern at Nordregio you may also contribute to Nordregio’s other areas of research such as spatial analyses of migration data, visualising patterns and flows of migration, and creating thematic maps of population change. Examples of tasks that may be undertaken during the internship include assisting in drafting and editing research articles, writing reports, and arranging meetings and workshops.
We hope you are:
- Interested in GIS, regional development, and migration
- Familiar with quantitative data analysis and geospatial data analyses. Experience with communications work and writing skills is an asset.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Currently studying in a relevant discipline (e.g. human geography, spatial planning, social science, GIS, demography, sustainable development, sociology, anthropology, or similar).
- Fluent in English and preferably at least one Nordic language.
What do we offer?
- The chance to develop knowledge about population processes in the Nordic region and Europe.
- Improve your analytical and research skills, as well as exposure to evidence-based based policy-making processes
- Work with multidisciplinary research teams
- Develop your skills in GIS, research, organisational and communication skills in a dynamic and fun workplace.
- Be part of an international, multidisciplinary team working on a range of issues related to demography, regional development, and planning.
The internship will be approximately 3-6 months fulltime (or equivalent part time) and should be undertaken sometime between August 2023 and January 2024. It is a requirement that all Nordregio interns are affiliated with a university/university programme during the time of the internship (i.e., the internship should be part of your studies). Please note that internships at Nordregio are unpaid.
The internship is placed at Nordregio’s beautiful office facility in Skeppsholmen, Stockholm. There you will be provided with your desk, work equipment and meet your team!
Please address your application or any questions to email@example.com with the subject “Internship application – Autumn 2023 – GIS”. Applications close June 2, 2023