Autumn internship in Maritime Spatial Planning
Nordregio is currently seeking an intern to support the Maritime Spatial Planning (MSP) project “eMSP NBSR”. The project is financed by the EU to promote MSP implementation and evaluation in member states. eMSP NBSR implements five communities of practices to work with different MSP thematic areas for transboundary collaboration between the North Sea and Baltic Sea regions. Nordregio leads a work package providing science advice, promoting the development of the communities of practice and facilitating reflection for capacity development among the countries working with MSP in the Baltic Sea and the North Sea. Special topics Nordregio works within the project include methodological analyses and development, collaborative governance, climate change and the EU Green Deal.
An internship within this project provides opportunities to be part of data collection, analysing outcomes of project activities and writing for project outputs, policy recommendations and scientific articles. There is also opportunity to develop your own master’s thesis as part of the project, if the thematic orientation is a good fit.
We hope you are:
- Interested in working with cross-border marine and coastal spatial planning and/or different aspects of blue growth and climate change in the sea.
- Interested in process facilitation and innovative participatory and collaborative methods.
- Able to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Have basic knowledge and practice in qualitative and quantitative social-environmental sciences theory and methods (or other relevant subject areas such as planning, human geography, human ecology).
- Have good skills in English and basic computer applications (office package). Other computer skills and languages from the Baltic Sea/North Sea area are advantageous.
What do we offer?
- A highly interesting international project at the frontline of research and practice development of cross-border coordination and collaboration in marine planning and related method and knowledge development.
- First-hand experience in international project work, data collection and scientific writing, group process facilitation and supporting in project administration.
- Be part of a multinational interdisciplinary working environment with good colleagues and a high community spirit.
- Possibility to link to research for a master’s thesis in an area related to project work.
The internship will be approximately 3-6 months fulltime (or equivalent part time) and should be undertaken sometime between August 2023 and January 2024. It is a requirement that all Nordregio interns are affiliated with a university/university programme during the time of the internship (i.e., the internship should be part of your studies). Please note that internships at Nordregio are unpaid.
The internship is placed at Nordregio’s beautiful office facility in Skeppsholmen, Stockholm, together with 45 colleagues from 18 nationalities. Here, you will be provided with a desk, work equipment and your team!
Please address your application or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Internship application – Autumn 2023 – MSP”. Applications close June 15, 2023.