Current job opportunities
Senior Research Advisor with expertise and interest in the societal effects of digital transition
Nordregio is currently seeking to expand its capacity by adding a new Senior Research Advisor with expertise and interest in the societal effects of digital transition. We are interested in someone who has strong analytical skills and a critical mindset with experience from research and/or consultancy and activities related to digitalization with focus on societal issues. You also have knowledge about digital development policies and formation in the Nordic countries.
- A master’s degree (300 ECTS) or equivalent in addition to at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- A professional background in social sciences: (regional/rural/urban policies and/or planning, political science, economics, human geography, sociology, (landscape) architecture or equivalent).
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the implications of the digital transition for Nordic societies, and in a range of geographical contexts including, for example:
- The role of technology in driving societal change, particularly with respect to potential for spatial impacts (e.g., labour market automation; increased opportunities for remote work).
- Digital inclusion / exclusion at both macro level (e.g., urban / rural digital divide) and micro level (e.g., individual attributes that inhibit / enable full digital participation).
- The interaction between the green and digital transitions in policy and practice at the national, Nordic, and EU levels.
- Extensive project management experience, including:
- Documented experience leading teams to collect data, perform analysis, produce texts, and disseminate results to diverse audiences.
- Highly developed ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and partner organizations.
- Experienced in (public) fund raising and project development.
- Experience with quantitative (e.g., advanced spatial analysis, statistics, data processing) and/or qualitative (e.g., case studies, survey development and analysis, action research) research methods.
- Interest in contributing to green, competitive, and socially sustainable regions and cities in the Nordic Region.
- Able to disseminate complex results to a wide audience, including colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ability and willingness to contribute to Nordregio’s goal of being an environmentally conscious, supportive and equal working place.
- Fluent in one Nordic language. Good experience in English.
What we offer
A full-time position as a Senior Research Adviser. We offer competitive salaries and a contract with a maximum length of four years. Subject to further agreement, the contract can be extended for up to another four years. According to the agreement “Avtale om rettstilling for samnordiske institusjoner og deres ansatte”, you are entitled to a leave of absence from your present position for the duration of your employment at Nordregio if you are employed by the State in a Nordic country.
We are a team of multidisciplinary, international people and our office is situated in attractive surroundings at Skeppsholmen in the heart of Stockholm, Sweden. The institute was established in 1997 by the Nordic Council of Ministers and is built on 50 years of Nordic collaboration.
Working at Nordregio provides you with the opportunity to become part of a truly international research environment. We offer significant career development potential in terms of enhancing your international network of contacts in both policy and academic fields, as well as an extensive experience with project management. You will also have rich opportunities to collaborate with regional and municipal stakeholders in the Nordic countries.
Nordregio is recognized and respected as a leading Nordic research institute within the broad research fields of regional development, policy, and planning. We specialize in applied research that analyzes and evaluates the latest development trends in policy areas central to Nordic regional economic growth, competitiveness, and sustainable development. Nordregio contributes towards meeting existing and future challenges facing the Nordic countries, Faroe Islands, Greenland and Åland, by facilitating cooperation, knowledge sharing and learning between national, regional, and local stakeholders in the search for sustainable Nordic policy solutions.
Nordregio adopts a multi-disciplinary approach to research. Our research team has a broad competence within the social sciences, including urban planning, human geography, political science, spatial planning, institutional economics, natural resource and environmental economics, business economics, sociology, anthropology and GIS/cartography.
Nordregio is a flat organisation. Our work is carried out in project teams made up of junior and senior researchers, along with GIS experts and communications specialists. Teamwork is a particularly important aspect of Nordregio’s research activities and much of the responsibility for projects is delegated to project teams.
How to apply
Upload your application no later than 6 June 2022. Interviews will be carried out during June 2022:
For further information, please contact:
- Senior Research Advisor: Linda Randall, email@example.com, phone: +46 73 956 4039
- Research Director: Karen Refsgaard, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +46 76 323 5338
- Local union representative: Gustaf Norlén, email@example.com phone: +46 76 169 3954