Current job opportunities at Nordregio
Finnish and Icelandic speaking Junior Research Fellows within sustainable regional development
We are looking for candidates with an educational background and/or experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Sustainable rural development (e.g. policy analysis and issues concerning challenges and opportunities for rural areas)
- Innovative and resilient regions (e.g. green transition, resilience, skills, welfare, smart specialisation, and digitalisation)
- Sustainable cities and urban planning (e.g. issues concerning transport, housing, public spaces, and planning systems)
Apply for the position if you:
- Have strong analytical skills and a critical mindset
- Have experience from research and activities related to green transition and innovation
- Are interested in social and economic issues at regional and local level
We are interested in someone who:
- Has strong analytical skills and a critical mindset
- Has experience from research and activities related to sustainable urban planning and development
- Is interested in green and socially inclusive cities
- Has knowledge about relevant policies in the Nordic countries
There are no internship calls open at the moment.
Nordregio has great experience in collaborating with students and universities. Internship applications are always welcome. As an intern you need to be affiliated to a university/university programme during the time of the internship, i.e. the internship should preferably be part of your studies. Find out more here.
Nordregio welcomes internship applications at any time however the main application periods are as follows:
- May/June (for internships the following Autumn)
- April/May (for summer internships)
- October/November (for internships the following Spring)
Placements vary in length from two months up to six months, with the exact period and working grade subject to individual agreement. The specific skills we require from interns varies depending on our project needs. In general, we look for applicants who are:
- Reliable and hardworking
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Studying in an area relevant to Nordregio’s work (e.g. sustainable development, political science, sociology, anthropology, economics, economic geography, urban and/or regional planning or similar)
- Able to work proficiently in English and ideally have at least some knowledge of one the Scandinavian languages, Finnish, Icelandic, Greenlandic or Faroese
In return, we offer the chance to be part of an international, multidisciplinary team working on a range of issues related to rural and regional development and urban planning.
Other things that are good to know:
- The internship should form a part of the studies
- Internships at Nordregio are unpaid
- The student is responsible for arranging and paying his/her own accommodation in Stockholm
- The student’s home university is the responsible authority during the internship period, meaning that the student is not covered by Nordregio’s insurance
Please note that Nordregio’s capacity to accept interns fluctuates and we cannot guarantee the number of places that will be offered within each period.
Please, send your application and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We receive a lot of inquiries, but we appreciate all applications.