Nordregio is currently seeking to expand its team with a full-time position focused on external communications and project management. A successful applicant has relevant educational background and 3-5 years’ experience of communications work.
As a Communications Advisor at Nordregio you are creative and self-motivated and fit well into a cooperative international environment where stakeholder engagement and Nordic knowledge exchange are integral parts of our research projects. We look for a constructive team player with an ability to network and collaborate with a range of Nordic and European actors and project partners. You are also expected to contribute to Nordregio’s ambition of being an environmentally conscious, caring, and equal workplace. Experience of Nordic cooperation is an additional advantage as well as knowledge within Nordregio’s research fields of sustainable local and regional development and urban planning.
- The position requires a bachelor- or master’s degree (300 ECTS) or equivalent in communications, journalism, or a social science degree
- Fluency in English and at least one Scandinavian language
- Highly motivated with a sense for detail and the ability to manage communication projects and work independently, as well as in a cooperative team environment
- Excellent writing skills, but you also excel in different ways of visual communication.
- Good command of InDesign, Photoshop, Office and web publishing systems (WordPress) and other digital communications tools
- Experience in Social Media communication and interested in further advancing our SoMe presence
- Experience of video and/or animation production plus webinar hosting
Main Work Tasks
- Creating communication plans and managing communications projects or tasks in research projects – ranging from our annual stakeholder event Nordregio Forum and workshops for knowledge exchange between Nordic and European stakeholders to online report launches, seminars in Almedalen, and PR campaigns.
- Editorial work incl. Nordregio website, newsletters, invitations and policy briefs
- Layout of products such as invitations, programs, reports, etc.
- Social media content development and monitoring
- Hosting webinars and seminars – hybrid and physical events
- Visual content development – photo and basic video editing
What we offer
The position starts as soon as possible – or subject to agreement. Nordregio offers competitive salaries and an initial full-time contract of four years. Subject to further agreement, the contract can be extended another four years. According to the agreement “Avtale om rettstilling for samnordiske institusjoner og deres ansatte”, you are entitled to a leave of absence from your present position for the duration of your employment at Nordregio if you are employed by the State in a Nordic country.
Nordregio is a Nordic research institute with a team of multidisciplinary, international people. Our office is located at Skeppsholmen in the heart of Stockholm. We conduct applied research on sustainable regional development, green transition, and urban planning – facilitating knowledge exchange and learning for policymakers and practitioners across the Nordics and Europe.
The institute was established in 1997 by the Nordic Council of Ministers and is built on 50 years of Nordic collaboration. We offer significant career development potential in terms of enhancing your communications skills and toolbox, experience of project management and knowledge within regional development and sustainability issues. You will also have rich opportunities to collaborate with regional and municipal stakeholders in the Nordic countries.
How to apply
Upload your application, including a CV and references no later than 30 April 2022. Interviews will be carried out during the first weeks of May.
For further information, please contact: