New Nordregio Policy Brief offers local and regional planners an introduction to the world of integrated urban modelling. It provides information on their potential benefits, implementation process and current use in the Nordic city-regions.
Integrated urban models (IUMs) provide planners with a decision-making support tool that allows them to visualise urban development strategies and assess their socio-economic and environmental impacts. This type of tool is valuable for planners faced with the difficult task of balancing the many social, economic and environmental issues that affect spatial plans and strategies. They are also act as a useful support in dialogue with the diverse group of stakeholders involved in transportation, land use planning and urban development.
Read and download Integrated Models: Planning Urban Sustainability
- Integrated Models: Planning Urban Sustainability
- Addressing social sustainability through everyday life: Experience from a pilot study in four Nordic city-regions
- The Use of Integrated Urban Models in the Nordic Countries
- Nordregio News Issue 1 2014: Planning Tools for Urban Sustainability
- Demographic changes, housing policies and urban planning
- Nordregio News Issue 4 2012: Challenging Urban Geographies