The workshop focuses on a new Nordic branding and export initiative for sustainable cities in India, China and North America
Sustainable urban development is a ‘hot’ topic – for the climate, the environment and the increasing population that lives and works in cities. The interest in Nordic cities is large, which creates good opportunities to export our sustainable solutions that help to reduce negative impacts of urbanization, and increase employment in the Nordic region.
On 16th March, participants will be welcomed to influence the new branding and export initiative of the Nordic Council of Ministers with a focus on India, China and North America. Attendants will share their concrete examples of solutions, discuss the characteristics of Nordic sustainable urban development and define how to benefit from our Nordic brand.
Related Research Projects
- A Spatial Analysis of City-Regions: Urban Form & Service Accessibility
- Addressing social sustainability through everyday life: Experience from a pilot study in four Nordic city-regions
- Demographic changes, housing policies and urban planning
- The Use of Integrated Urban Models in the Nordic Countries
- Nordregio News Issue 1 2014: Planning Tools for Urban Sustainability