Nordregio regularly hosts interns from a variety of universities around Europe. Placements vary in length from two months up to six months, with the exact period and working grade subject to individual agreement.
Nordregio welcomes internship applications at any time however the main application periods are as follows:
- May/June (for internships the following Autumn)
- April/May (for summer internships)
- October/November (for internships the following Spring)
Placements vary in length from two months up to six months, with the exact period and working grade subject to individual agreement. The specific skills we require from interns varies depending on our project needs. In general, we look for applicants who are:
- Reliable and hardworking
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Studying in an area relevant to Nordregio’s work (e.g. sustainable development, political science, sociology, anthropology, economics, economic geography, urban and/or regional planning or similar)
- Able to work proficiently in English and ideally have at least some knowledge of one the Scandinavian languages, Finnish, Icelandic, Greenlandic or Faroese
In return, we offer the chance to be part of an international, multidisciplinary team working on a range of issues related to rural and regional development and urban planning.
Other things that are good to know:
- The internship should form a part of the studies
- Internships at Nordregio are unpaid
- The student is responsible for arranging and paying his/her own accommodation in Stockholm
- The student’s home university is the responsible authority during the internship period, meaning that the student is not covered by Nordregio’s insurance
Applications, including a CV and cover letter explaining your interest in Nordregio, should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The internship team are also happy to answer any questions you might have about the program.
Please note that Nordregio’s capacity to accept interns fluctuates and we cannot guarantee the number of places that will be offered within each period.