Webinar 31 August 14.00-16.00 CET
Insights from research, labour market representatives and civil society
Join the discussion on justice and equality aspects in one of the most significant transformations of our time. In this webinar, the Not Just a Green Transition project (NJUST) invites researchers, policymakers, and experts to discuss with the labour market and civil society representatives what a just green transition entails and how climate policies address the human factor. The focus will be on:
- What do we mean when we talk about “a just green transition”?
- How do climate policies affect people’s lives – and are the effects similar for everyone?
- What are the blind spots of Nordic climate policies?
14.00 Opening remarks: Why is just green transition important and timely? Ásta Bjarnadóttir, Iceland's Prime Ministers Office and moderator Åsa Ström Hildestrand
14.10 Key implications of green transition in the Nordic Region, Anna Lundgren, Senior Research Fellow, NJUST project manager, Nordregio
14.15 The social impacts of climate mitigation policies on vulnerable groups in the Nordic Region, Carlos Tapia, Senior Research Fellow, Nordregio
14.35 Commentary remarks from national experts in Finland and Iceland
– Heta-Elena Heiskanen, Ministry of the Environment in Finland and NJUST steering group member
– Ásta Bjarnadóttir, Iceland's Prime Ministers Office, NJUST project steering group chairperson
14.50 Commentary remarks on how green transition impacts people and labour force:
– Magnus Gissler, General Secretary of the Council of Nordic Trade Unions
– Markus Äimälä, Director, Labour & Law, Confederation of Finnish Industries
– Annika Lyytikäinen, Nordic Youth Council
– Jan Davidsen, the chairperson of the Norwegian Pensioners' Association
15.10 Panel with the experts and commentators: Questions from the audience
15.45 Nordregio presents 2 other projects that have synergies with NJUST project: Inclusive economic growth project & A Just Green Transition in rural areas: local benefits from value creation, Nora Sanchez Gassen, Senior Research Fellow, Nordregio
15.50 Final remarks, project manager Anna Lundgren, Nordregio
2 NEW REPORTS WILL BE RELEASED AT THE EVENT
The webinar will be based on a new literature overview Green Transition – key concepts and implications in the Nordic region and a knowledge overview on climate mitigation policies The social impacts of climate mitigation policies on vulnerable groups in the Nordic Region.
The project Not Just a Green Transition – Examining the path towards a socially just green transition in the Nordic Region (NJUST) is initiated and funded by the Nordic Council of Ministers and conducted by Nordregio in collaboration with the Nordic Welfare Centre.
The registration is open until 30 August: