Join Nordregio and CBSS at the EUSBSR Annual Forum!
On 30 September 2021, Nordregio will take part in the EUSBSR Annual Forum, where it will lead one of the sessions together with the Council of Baltic States (CBSS). Moderated by Alberto Giacometti, Nordregio Research Fellow, and Olga Zuin, Council of the Baltic Sea States, the panel under “Empowering Youth for Green Entrepreneurship” will focus on and address the topic of youth involvement in issues of green transition and transformation.
The panel will consist of youth entrepreneurs from the BSR area and representatives of financial institutions and programmes. It aims to provide a space for discussions about starting a green business, obstacles and barriers when receiving funding and business models.
Welcome and opening
- Council of the Baltic Sea States, Daria Akhutina
- Nordregio, Alberto Giacometti
How to integrate sustainability in entrepreneurship and support youth
- Ung företagsamhet in Norrbotten, Linda Strandenhed, Sweden
Experiences from young entrepreneurs in the Baltic Sea Region
- Single Earth, Estonia
- Plūkt, Latvia
- Avocadopt, Poland
- International Consortium St. Petersburg Cleantech Cluster for Urban Environment, Aleksandr Belykh, Russia (tbc)
What financial support systems are already available?
- SEB, Christopher Flensborg, Head of Climate and Sustainable Finance in SEB, Sweden
- Fundacja MOST, Jan M. Kaczmarek, President of the Board, Poland
- JSC Development Finance Institution Altum, Latvia
To register for the event, access the EUSBSR Annual Forum page.
The 12th Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region will take place between 27 September and 1 October 2021. Organised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania, Kaunas and Klaipeda and the Union of the Baltic Cities, the forum gathers almost 40 events under its umbrella, focusing on opportunities EUSBSR to contribute to the green transformation of the region. Another important goal of the Forum is to work towards implementing three objectives: Save the Sea, Connect the Region, Increase Prosperity.