The map shows the assumed distribution of ethnic groups in Northern Europe around year 500.
The map was produced for the exhibition Saaʹmijânnam – The Skolt Sámi Land in Äʹvv Skolt Sámi museum in Neiden, Norway. The map is the result of a collaboration between Äʹvv Skolt Sámi museum (responsible for the reconstruction of the areas and the exhibition), Yngvar Julin (concept of maps and exhibition architect), Nordregio (base maps), Martin Skulstad, Rethink. and Ruth Thomlevold (graphic design) and Christian Carpelan (reconstruction of the areas).
Related Research Projects
- Saaʹmijânnam – the Community: Location of the Skolt Sámi sijdds
- Saaʹmijânnam – the Community: Location of the Skolt Sámi Land
- Saaʹmijânnam – the Community: Location of the Skolt Sámi sijdds with water bodies and elevation
- Saaʹmijânnam – Borders: 1826
- Saaʹmijânnam – Borders: 1920
- Saaʹmijânnam – Borders: 1949
- Saaʹmijânnam – the History: Taxation and borders in 14th century
- Saaʹmijânnam – the History: The monastery of Petsjenga and the fortress of Kola