This is a special issue of Nordregio News, offering you an overview of current research areas and projects that we are involved in here at Nordregio. With the new layout and content structure, we wish to make the magazine more readable and easier to navigate.
In 2015, we have put substantial resources into research commissioned and funded by the four Nordic working groups under the Nordic Council of Ministers’ Committee of Senior Officials for Regional Policy: Demography and welfare; Sustainable regional development in the Arctic; Green growth – innovation and entrepreneurship; and Sustainable urban regions. We are pleased to say that many regional case studies, Foresight analysis and policy overviews were conducted during the year, in addition to the development and launch of the interactive web-mapping tool, NordMap. The Nordic Demography Programme was finalised and three large-scale EU-funded projects started: REGINA, Baltic SCOPE and Baltic Urban Lab. More information on some of these projects will be found in this issue.
- Redeveloping brownfields in the Central Baltic region
- Industrial Symbiosis – A key driver of Green Growth in Nordic Regions?
- Nordregio News Issue 3 2015: A new wave of reforms sweeping over the Nordic countries?
- Nordregio News Issue 2 2015: Tensions in Nordic urban planning
- Demographic change and labour market challenges in regions with large-scale resource-based industries in the Northern Periphery and Arctic