– Co-production and implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in regional and local planning –
The project addresses the urgent call for implementing the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the regional and local level.
The overall ambition of the project is to develop a framework for implementing the SDG in local and regional planning. This framework will be based on lessons learned from Local and Regional Agenda A21 and output from workshops and focus groups where relevant SDG goals and targets will be contextualized with the help of regional scenarios and indicators. Specifically, the project will:
– Assess the former and current position of sustainable development in regional and local planning
– Explore regional and local pathways (procedures) for contextualizing the SDGs, with the help of regional scenarios and indicators
– Test the pathways and wider framework in practical planning and provide policy guidelines based on these experiences
– Integrate the SDGs in study programmes for societal and spatial planning – Strengthen the concept of sustainable development in regional and local planning through co-production of knowledge and social learning across sectors and stakeholder groups, as well as an ambitious plan for public outreach and engagement.