Stopping environmental degradation through innovative production and consumption patterns has never been as high on the agenda as it is now. Much attention is drawn to youth who are breaking old habits and introducing new ways to accelerate the green transition. But what has their journey been like? What are the challenges and opportunities to develop such ideas further?
BeUBio project invites youth, policy makers, and funders interested in developing, advancing, and supporting circular and bioeconomy businesses to join a panel discussion on “Youth journey towards a sustainable economy”.
In the discussion, we will showcase inspiring youth-led bioeconomy business examples across the Baltic Sea Region and discuss challenges and opportunities in developing the circular economy businesses. Policy makers/funders will also present existing support mechanisms for initiating and maintaining such initiatives.
- Welcome, About BeUBio project
- Panel discussion with representatives from youth, a local authority and youth entrepreneurship education programme
- Discussion with audience
- Key messages from panelists
- Ole Kristian Vingdal and Mathias Wahl, software developers and co-founders, and Marina Skanche, Advisor of Circular Economy, Loopfront – a Norwegian company offering construction companies and organisations a simpler way to track and reuse building materials furniture, and inventory.
- Jonas Ignatavičius, CEO of Nando – a Lithuanian company, supplying chemical raw substances for various sectors, including the food industry, manufacturing of cosmetics, household chemicals, pharmacy, paints and vanish, and metal processing.
- Sara Jervfors, Head of Diet Unit Södertälje and Gnesta Municipality, project leader of MatLust – an initiative fostering healthy and sustainable food industry in the Stockholm region, Sweden.
- Mari Laakso-Suutari, Project coordinator at Junior Achievement Finland.
About the project
The BeUBio project aims to promote youth involvement across the Baltic Sea Region for transition to a bio-based economy, and create synergies with other actors and initiatives addressing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. In the BeUBio platform you can find stories of young people whose business ideas, jobs and other activities lead the way towards a different and more sustainable economic path: https://nordregioprojects.org/beubio/