The Nordic Working Group on Globalisation and Cross-border Cooperation has published a paper which gives an overview of the current eleven Nordic Cross-border Cooperation Committees and their work.
Part one of the paper gives an overview of the geographic context, organisational structures and project activities of the eleven Nordic Cross-border Cooperation Committees, as well as a comparison of the similarities and differences between the cross-border committees. Part two elucidates some key elements concerning the work of the cross-border committees: border obstacles, the integration of public authorities, as well as the importance of the Nordic Council of Ministers and the Interreg programmes.
The appendix of the paper contains fact sheets from each of the eleven cross-border cooperation committees which present their organisation and work in more detail.
The paper is published in Swedish, English, and Finnish.
- Nordregio News Issue 5 2013: Innovation Across Borders
- Added Value of Cross-Border and Transnational Cooperation in Nordic Regions
- Nordregio News 1 2015: Cross-border co-operation
- Nordic Cross-border Cooperation Committees and Cross-border Authority Integration
- Crossing Borders
- Cross-border co-operation in the Nordic region. 11 projects that have changed their region