In this issue of Nordregio News, we focus on cross-border co-operation and its impact on regional development in Nordic and European border regions.
We have studied how cross-border co-operation is structured and managed, and whether its full potential for sustainable growth has been realized. The added value of cross-border co-operation can be defined and measured in various ways, including improvement of cross-border infrastructure and increasing flows of tourists.
Related Research Projects
- Cross-border co-operation in the Nordic region. 11 projects that have changed their region
- Cross-border labour mobility in the Central Baltic region
- Crossing Borders
- Added Value of Cross-Border and Transnational Cooperation in Nordic Regions
- Nordregio News Issue 5 2013: Innovation Across Borders
- EGTC – European Groupings for Territorial Cooperation
- Nordic Cross-border Cooperation Committees and Cross-border Authority Integration