State of the Nordic Region 2016 report was launched in February and Friday 15th April Nordregio is presenting elements of the report at the annual meeting of the Icelandic Regional Development Institute. The report is one of its kind overview on Nordic region including Regional Potential Index.
State of the Nordic Region 2016 report draws on the latest available statistics to present an analysis of demographic changes, labour market trends, education, economic performance, and developments in accessibility and infrastructure.
Report includes five themes with sub chapters:
What is the Nordic Region?
Theme 1: Demographic Changes
Theme 2: Labour Force
Theme 3: Economy
Theme 4: Infrastructure
Theme 5: Measuring Regional Potential
- EU project on local development visits Qaqortoq
- Income Inequality in the Nordic Countries – How do we handle it?
- Research on multilevel governance shows potential for Nordic-Brazilian collaboration
- Two new articles published on urban and territorial development
- 1-3 September workshop: Migrant integration to rural territories
- Baltic Urban Lab: Preserving industrial heritage and developing modern 3D planning tools
- 14 June, Nordregio joins the 8th Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, Berlin
- Local smart specialisation: Why is it useful?
- 22 June seminar: Sustainable Bioenergy Development: One Size Does Not Fit All
- 30 May, watch live launch “Nordic Solutions to Global Challenges”
- 25 Sept: “Smart Specialisation, academic concept and policy challenge”
- Join Nordregio’s morning talks at the World Circular Economy Forum, 6 June
- 25-27 April, Social Green meeting: Policies for greening social housing