Nordregio and Ålands Bildningsförbund welcome you to participate in a one-day seminar / workshop on regional development ‘hot-topics’ in the Nordic Countries and Åland. This interactive seminar will contain presentations and round-table discussions on global and local trends in rural development policy, attractiveness of rural areas and potential threats to their economic and social resilience.
The purpose of this seminar is to share the latest research results from the work of Nordic Thematic Groups on 1) Sustainable Regional Development and 2) Innovative and Resilient Regions, with a broad focus on the diversity of Nordic regions.
Experts, practitioners and other relevant professionals from Åland are cordially invited to provide their insights on these topics from their perspective during the roundtable discussions. These discussions will stimulate future research within the thematic working groups.
Topics that will be discussed during the seminar/workshop. Final agenda will be shared before the event:
- Impact of LEADER Åland: from its foundation in 2006 – up until today
- Rural Regional Attractiveness: Nordic trends in migration, population change and employment development. Spiced up with initial insights from Åland
- Sustainable rural development without borders – transboundary collaboration across Finland-Åland-Sweden and beyond
- Resilient Nordic Regions: What threats do Nordic Communities face and how can they absorb change and strengthen their development paths.
- Digitalization as a tool for sustainable Nordic Regional Development