The cases of North Karelia, Jämtland, and Västernorrland
This working paper looks into rural bioenergy development in Finland and Sweden. It is one of the outputs of the TRIBORN project: Triple Bottom Line Outcomes for Bioenergy Development and Innovation in Rural Norway. The project investigates how to increase the production of bioenergy in ways that promote sustainable rural development understood as positive economic, social and environmental outcomes. The Working Paper provided valuable input into the development of the Policy recommendations on Bioenergy and rural development in Europe (Nordregio Policy Brief 2017:3). The TRIBORN (Securing triple bottom line outcomes from bioenergy development and innovation in rural Norway, project no 233640/E50) is a research project funded by the Research Council of Norway (2014-2017). Read more about the TRIBORN project.
Related Research Projects
- 22 June seminar: Sustainable Bioenergy Development: One Size Does Not Fit All
- State of the Nordic Region 2018: Stockholm the most dynamic Nordic region
- Launch of State of the Nordic Region 2018
- 21 March, TRIBORN seminar on effective policies for bioenergy innovation
- Nordregio participates at TRIBORN bioenergy development meeting