This Working Paper by Nordregio presents the results of five case studies on bioeconomy in Nordic regions. It contributes to the discussion on bioeconomy in the Nordic countries by focusing on its implications for regional development and policy.
The regional case studies conducted in each of the Nordic countries give an overview of how the development of bioeconomy can be promoted in different settings. The case studies identify, among other things, the main actors as well as the main enabling and impeding factors in the field of bioeconomy.
The Working Paper has been prepared under the Nordic Working Group on Green Growth – Innovation and Entrepreneurship, established by the Nordic Council of Ministers.
- The potential of industrial symbiosis as a key driver of green growth in Nordic regions
- Bioeconomy – the growth engine for Nordic regions?
- Nordregio News Issue 4 2014: Bioeconomy and Regional Economic Development
- Green transition in Nordic regions: State of play, practices and needs
- Regional Development in the Nordic Countries
- Bioeconomy in the Nordic region: Regional case studies
- BioWiseTrans: Strengthening the Nordic Bioeconomy
- BioWiseTrans: local innovation is the base for bioeconomy
- Key note speakers on bioeconomy
- 8 – 9 March, Nordregio is active on bioeconomy events in Riga
- Nordic Efficiency – New Nordic Climate Solutions