As a follow-up to the Handbook on Demographic Challenges in the Nordic countries, the Nordregio Working Paper Local and Regional Approaches to Demographic Change looks closer at examples of how to meet demographic challenges at local and regional levels.
The Working Paper and the summarising web publication present a variety of local and regional approaches to the different aspects of the demographic change. The examples and the summarising conclusions can provide both inspiration and lessons learned for local and regional actors across the Nordic countries.
The project was commissioned by the Nordic Working Group on Demography and Welfare and implemented by Nordregio in close cooperation with the working group.
For in-depth presentation of each of the examples, please download the Working Paper.
Related Research Projects
- Demographic changes, housing policies and urban planning
- Demographic trends in the Nordic local labour markets
- Adapting to, or mitigating demographic change?
- How To Meet Demographic Changes
- Att möta demografiska förändringar
- Demography in the Nordic countries – A synthesis report
- Nordregio News Issue 3 2013: Nordic Population Ageing – Challenge and Opportunity?
- Nordic perspectives on demography
- Addressing the issue of demographic vulnerability
- Väestönmuutosten kohtaaminen