A handbook for inspiration and actions in the Nordic municipalities and regions.
The demographic handbook aims at providing a new developed tool for administrators and decision-makers for finding inspiration for their own projects that are responding to the demographic changes in the Nordic countries.
The demographic handbook is indexing 141 Nordic projects that are responding to the demographic changes in the Nordic countries. The handbook is divided into four parts. Each part represents one index. In Part 1, the index key is geography. Four maps provide an opportunity to create a demographic profile on municipal level in all the Nordic countries. The maps presented in Part 1 in the handbook are also developed as interactive maps on the Internet.
In Part 2, the index key is the themes in the projects. Ten themes are identified, such as health, education, and regional and local development. In Part 3, the index key is the methods in the projects. Seven methods are identified, such as cooperation, prognosis, and attractiveness. In Part 4, the index key is nationality. Part 4 is a separate appendix to the handbook.
This is the second edition of the demographic handbook, published March 21st 2012. A third and final edition of the 2012 issue of the demographic handbook is expected to be published in mid June 2012 after input from workshops held during the spring.
- Demography in the Nordic countries – A synthesis report
- Att möta demografiska förändringar
- Local and regional approaches to demographic change
- Nordic perspectives on demography
- Adapting to, or mitigating demographic change?
- Demographic changes, housing policies and urban planning
- Demographic trends in the Nordic local labour markets
- Addressing the issue of demographic vulnerability
- Väestönmuutosten kohtaaminen