BONUS BASMATI project aimed to develop an innovative decision support system for maritime spatial planning in the Baltic Sea region. The results of a three-year project will be shared in the digital seminar “Supporting Maritime Spatial Planning with Science” on the 9th September 2020.
PROGRAMME (in Central European Summer Time, CEST)
• Henning Sten Hansen (AAU) & Harri Tolvanen (UTU): BONUS BASMATI – Supporting Maritime Spatial Planning with Science
10:15 Concepts and approaches
• Pia Frederiksen (AU): Framework for sustainability impact assessment of plan proposals
• Solvita Strake/Kristine Pakalniete (LIAE): Assessment of Ecosystem Services and Values of Marine Protected Areas
• Kerstin Schiele/Lotta Maack (IOW): Data harmonisation to facilitate planning across borders and scales
• Søren Qvist Eliasen/Andrea Morf (Nordregio): Involving stakeholders – Why, Who, When and How?
11:15 Platforms and tools for MSP
• Juha Oksanen & FGI team (NLS): Baltic Explorer – Collaborative GIS approach for new interactive MSP
• Miriam von Thenen (IOW): SPACEA – a GIS toolbox to facilitate easy spatial and environmental suitability analysis
• Aurelija Armoskaite (LIAE): ESA4MSP – an ecosystem service assessment tool
• Henning Sten Hansen (AAU): MYTILUS – a toolset for assessing the impacts of maritime activities
• Ida Maria Bonnevie (AAU): SEANERGY – a tool for analysing conflicts and synergies between different marine uses
12.15 End of conference
• Lise Schrøder (AAU): Wrap-up
• Henning Sten Hansen (AAU): Final remarks
Please register yourself by Monday the 7th of September at the latest. Instructions about how to join the webinar will be sent to you a day before the event.