Local and regional authorities are particularly important actors in implementing Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – and some SDGs are more challenging than others. In response to this, Nordregio hosted a webinar series for and with Nordic municipalities. This report summarizes the main learnings and insights from the webinars, targeting selected SDGs plus the issue of monitoring and evaluation.
The report provides information from municipalities and regions that were featured during the webinars, including good practices and tools for monitoring and evaluation that keynote speakers shared. The report also highlights lessons learnt and challenges in the work with the SDGs and how these were addressed.
Participants of the webinars discussed how to link the global goals to ongoing or planned work in areas such as climate action, digitalisation, consumption and production, inclusion, gender equality and city planning, and how to measure progress in working with the SDGs.
In the report, each local example is presented individually. Therefore, readers may choose the stories that are most relevant to their work with different SDGs. In most sections, there are also links to relevant research findings and interesting Nordic activities and networks.
Related Research Projects
- Agenda 2030 and SDGs at the local level – a brief start-up guide
- Agenda 2030 och hållbarhetsmålen på lokal nivå
- Global goals for local priorities: The 2030 Agenda at local level
- Globala mål för lokala prioriteringar: Agenda 2030 på lokal nivå
- Localising the Sustainable Development Goals in Europe: Perspectives for the north