Linnea is a social scientist with a background in Political Science and International Relations. Her main research interests are governance processes and political change related to regional development, sustainability and EU policy.
MSc in International Relations – “Globalisation, Environment and Social Change”, Department of Economic History, Stockholm University, 2016-2018
BSc in Political Science, Department of Political Science, University of Gothenburg, 2013-2016
Understands Norwegian, Danish and Spanish
Project Assistant, Swedish Transport Administration, 2018
Intern, International department at the Swedish Parliament, 2017
Project Assistant and Intern, Tankesmedjan Global Utmaning, 2015
- Teräs, J., Löfving, L., Huynh, D., Evaluation of the Academy for Smart specialisation, OECD report
- Weber, R., Grunfelder, J. Löfving, L., Moodie, J. (2020) ESCAPE: European Shrinking Rural Areas: ESPON ESCAPE Final Report. ESPON, Luxembourg. https://www.espon.eu/escape
Linnea Löfving‘s spatial story
The first thing I do when I come to a new place is to locate where the ocean is. Within the next hours or days, I always make sure to find a high point with an overview of the city. I think it brings me a sense of freedom knowing where I am and where I am going.
The places where I lived all had a special connection to the ocean, Gothenburg, Brighton, Barcelona and Stockholm. And I don’t think I could live in a place where the ocean is not present. The ocean is something that is living, moving and changing and in high contrast to the robust and constant streets and buildings.
After I started studying history and political science at University, travelling became intertwined with discovering new dimensions of a place. I wanted to learn why a country or city had developed in a certain way, why people act or vote in a certain way, why systems look different in different places. I think this is the basis for my interest in policy and why policy is created.
Related Research Projects
- Evaluation of Åland Rural Programme 2014-2020
- The Sustainable Hub to Engage in Rural Policies with Actors (SHERPA)
- Nordic Regional Leadership
- RELOCAL (Resituating the local in cohesion and territorial development)
- Business Financing in the Arctic
- Improving Urban-Rural connectivity in non-metropolitan regions (URRUC)
- ESPON ESCAPE – European Shrinking Rural Areas Challenges, Actions and Perspectives for Territorial Governance
- Planning and designing the inclusive smart city
- Sami Youth Involvement in Regional Development
- En bättre sits – evaluation
- ESPON Covid: Territorial impacts of Covid-19 and policy answers in European regions and cities
- Smart Specialisation Västerbotten
- Territorial Just Transition Plans for Gotland and Norrbotten
- Sámi Youth Perspectives, Education and the Labour Market
- The right to access the city: Nordic urban planning from a disability perspective
- Ålands Utvärderarnas fördjupade årsrapport för 2019
- Digital Health Care and Social Care – Regional development impacts in the Nordic countries
- Sámi nuoraid perspektiivvat, skuvlejupmi ja bargomárkanat
- Kompetensbehov för Smart specialisering i Värmland
- Can we break the isolation? Experiences of digital tools in elderly care in three Swedish municipalities
- Ålands strukturfondsprogram 2014-2020: Utvärderarnas slutrapport 2022
- Cross-border transport infrastructure planning in the Nordic Region – An introduction
- Electric Aviation Outlook in the Nordics
- Facilitating cross-border transport infrastructure planning in the Nordic Region
- The Geography of Higher Education – Evaluation of the Academy for Smart Specialisation
- SHERPA project working towards sustainable multi-actor platforms
- Just Green Transition in the Nordics: analysis of three Swedish regions
- New article provides fresh insight into the issue of rural shrinking in Europe
- Can digitalization help overcome spatial injustice in sparsely populated regions?
- 15 March, Policy Conference on empowering the local level
- Webbseminarium – Återhämtning efter covid-19 på Åland: Kapital och Kompetensförsörjning
- How do Sámi youth experience their education and job opportunities?
- Webinar 9 June: Sami Youth – Access to education and labour markets
- Digital services bring equality to Västerbotten municipalities
- ‘Digital Västerbotten’, a rural success?
- Making Europe – and especially rural areas – climate neutral
- Which electric aviation routes would be most beneficial in the Nordics?
- Exploring the Nordic electric aviation horizon
- Nordic transport infrastructure: how to strengthen the cross-border planning?