The questions of how to retain and attract young populations are central issues for regional policy development in the Nordic Arctic. Nordregio and the Nordic working group on sustainable regional development in the Arctic have carried out an analysis to uncover young people’s own perspectives of their future possibilities in Arctic communities.
A group of scholars from Iceland, Norway, Faroe Islands, Greenland, Sweden and Finland were asked to contribute to a study of Arctic Youth Future Perspectives in the rural areas of the Nordic Arctic regions. The study is part of a Foresight analysis about future visions for arctic communities in the Nordic Countries.
- Nordregio discusses youth issues at the Arctic Circle Assembly
- Baltic Rim Economies Review: Securing Nordic Arctic sustainable development
- Foresight analysis 2013-2016 report was successfully launched in Copenhagen
- Everyday life in the Arctic symposium in Rovaniemi
- Empowering the future: Nordregio paper gets presented in Apatity, Russia
- Nordregio at COP21