This report concludes a three-year foresight process on the topic of future sustainable regional development in the Nordic Arctic (2013–2016) to provide input to the further development of the NCM Arctic Co-operation Programme by collecting, reviewing and analysing existing information, assessing different preconditions for future development in the area and developing future scenarios. This will contribute to the political debate and give a more holistic overview of the scientific knowledge in the field.
1. What social and resource conditions can be expected to have a decisive influence on regional development in the Arctic over the next 10, 20 and 30 years?
2. How will the management of these conditions affect the living standards and future prospects for the regions?
3. What are the implications of the identified challenges and opportunities for future planning and regional policy?
Nordic Working Group for Sustainable Regional Development in the Arctic also created Policy recommendations according to the report.
Nordregio published Policy brief 1/2017 related to the study: Nordic Arctic Strategies in Overview
- Arctic Social Indicators
- Nordic Arctic Strategies in Overview
- Nordic Arctic Youth Future Perspectives
- Future Regional Development Policy for the Nordic Arctic: Foresight Analysis 2013–2016
- Sustainable Business Development in the Nordic Arctic
- Youth Perspectives on their Future in the Nordic Arctic
- Nordregio News 2 2016
- Nordregio discusses youth issues at the Arctic Circle Assembly
- 14 June, Nordregio joins the 8th Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, Berlin
- Baltic Rim Economies Review: Securing Nordic Arctic sustainable development
- Foresight analysis 2013-2016 report was successfully launched in Copenhagen
- 30 Nov in Brussels: Investments and Business Opportunities in the Arctic