Building regional resilience is vital in an interconnected global economy where external events have significant impact on regional and local communities. Resilience thinking gives regions the possibility to anticipate and respond to unexpected events.
This policy brief examines different types of risks and a series of factors that help building resilience in the Nordic regions.
This research is part of the work of the Nordic Thematic Group on Innovative and Resilient Regions established by the Nordic Council of Ministers.
- Regional Economic and Social Resilience: An Exploratory In-Depth Study in the Nordic Countries
- Closed borders and divided communities: status report and lessons from Covid-19 in cross-border areas
- TG2 Innovative and Resilient Regions – Roadshow report
- The Nordic Thematic Group for Innovative and Resilient Regions 2017–2020 – final report
- Synergies between Nordic studies on resilience, digitalisation, smart specialisation and skills development
- Social and Economic Resilience in the Bothnian Arc Cross-Border Region