What global and local risks and long-term challenges is the Bothnian Arc cross-border area exposed to? And how can societies and economies in this area anticipate and respond to them to ensure resilient long-term development paths?
This report provides a background overview on resilience and the methodology applied. Moreover, the report provides a snapshot of resilience situation in the Bothnian Arc. The data and information gathered was collected by interviewing local people both in Swedish and Finnish sides.
The report is written by Nordregio together with the Bothnian Arc association on behalf of the Nordic Thematic Group on Innovative and Resilient regions, set by the Nordic Council of Ministers from 2017 to 2020.
- Building Economic and Social Resilience in the Nordic Regions
- Regional Economic and Social Resilience: An Exploratory In-Depth Study in the Nordic Countries
- Closed borders and divided communities: status report and lessons from Covid-19 in cross-border areas
- TG2 Innovative and Resilient Regions – Roadshow report
- The Nordic Thematic Group for Innovative and Resilient Regions 2017–2020 – final report
- Synergies between Nordic studies on resilience, digitalisation, smart specialisation and skills development