This report summarises the work and results of the Nordic thematic group for innovative and resilient regions (TG2) in 2017–2020.
The Nordic thematic group for innovative and resilient regions 2017–2020 (TG2) was established by the Nordic Council of Ministers and is a part of the Nordic Co-operation Programme for Regional Development and Planning 2017–2020. Three Nordic thematic groups were established for the four-year period: Innovative and resilient regions, Sustainable rural development, and Sustainable cities and urban development. The thematic groups have been organised under the Nordic Council of Ministers’ Committee of Civil Servants for Regional Affairs, and Nordregio has acted as the secretariat for the thematic groups.
The thematic group has not only produced high-quality research on innovative and resilient regions in the Nordic countries but also contributed to public policy with the latest knowledge on the creation and development of innovative and resilient regions across the Nordic countries, with focus on smart specialisation, digitalisation, regional resilience, and skills policies. TG2 has also contributed to research on innovative and resilient regions in the Nordic cross-border context.
Related Research Projects
- Governing the digital transition in Nordic Regions: The human element
- Implementing Smart Specialisation strategies in Nordic regions
- Building Economic and Social Resilience in the Nordic Regions
- Regional Economic and Social Resilience: An Exploratory In-Depth Study in the Nordic Countries
- Social and Economic Resilience in the Bothnian Arc Cross-Border Region
- Strengthening regional resilience through adaptive collaboration
- Synergies between Nordic studies on resilience, digitalisation, smart specialisation and skills development
- Governing the Digital Transition in the Nordic Regions
- Is the coast clear? The role of digitalisation for enabling blue growth in the cross-border region of Svinesund
- Matching the missing links – Skills development in Nordic regions
- Skills supply and governance in the Bothnian Arc cross-border region
- The status, characteristics and potential of smart specialisation in Nordic Regions
- TG2 Innovative and Resilient Regions – Roadshow report