Skills is a topic which is increasingly gaining attention from policymakers. The current Covid-19 pandemic, and its consequences for the Nordic economy and labour market, are now expected to increase interest in skills issues even further. This report highlights who the actors involved in the regional skills eco-systems are. It also identifies the main enabling and hampering factors involved in working with skills assessment and anticipation, skills development, and skills governance.
The Nordic Region, which is characterised by many similarities with regard to its institutional frameworks, actors and responsibilities, also evidences important differences among the various countries and regions. Understanding both the similarities and differences involved provides considerable learning opportunities across the Nordics, but also in a wider, global context.
The report has been produced by Nordregio researchers in close collaboration with the Nordic Thematic Group for Innovative and Resilient Regions. Nordregio expresses its gratitude to the Thematic Group for valuable discussions and guidance in the course of its preparation.
- Closed borders and divided communities: status report and lessons from Covid-19 in cross-border areas
- TG2 Innovative and Resilient Regions – Roadshow report
- The Nordic Thematic Group for Innovative and Resilient Regions 2017–2020 – final report
- Synergies between Nordic studies on resilience, digitalisation, smart specialisation and skills development
- Matching the missing links – Skills development in Nordic regions