The study explores what role digitalisation plays in the context of business development and growth in the marine sector in the Svinesund area; the different challenges and opportunities that surface in this context; and what role the Svinesund mega-region may play for the future of blue growth.
Digitalisation is impacting various facets of society and holds great potential in radically changing the ways businesses are operating. Despite these radical changes, little has been said about the impact of digitalisation on micro-, small and medium
sized businesses within the marine sector.
To close this gap, this complimentary report, Is the coast clear? The role of digitalisation for enabling blue growth in the cross-border region of Svinesund is a follow-up study of Randal and Berlina’s report Governing the digital transition in Nordic regions: The human element (2019).
The latter report was written on behalf of the Nordic thematic group for innovative and resilient regions 2017–2020, under the Nordic Council of Ministers’ Committee of Civil Servants for Regional Affairs.
The present, complimentary study on digitalisation and blue growth has been developed on behalf of the Nordic thematic working group’s member Svinesundskommittén (The Svinesund committee).
Related Research Projects
- Governing the digital transition in Nordic Regions: The human element
- TG2 Innovative and Resilient Regions – Roadshow report
- The Nordic Thematic Group for Innovative and Resilient Regions 2017–2020 – final report
- Synergies between Nordic studies on resilience, digitalisation, smart specialisation and skills development
- Closed borders and divided communities: status report and lessons from Covid-19 in cross-border areas