This in-depth study explores digitalisation in Nordic regions by studying how local and regional authorities are implementing national and regional digital strategies.
Further, it seeks to identify the different types of actors (public sectors, companies and civil society) and actor constellations that are key in the digital transformation of Nordic regions.
The study explores how the Nordic regions are dealing with the challenges and opportunities related to digitalisation and aims to identify the strongest potential for knowledge sharing and collaboration at different levels.
Five regional Nordic case studies were chosen for in-depth analysis: Southern Denmark (Vejle), Tampere Region, Reykjavík, Finnmark (Vardø) and Skåne Region (Helsingborg).
The study is conducted by Nordregio on behalf of the Nordic thematic group for innovative and resilient regions 2017–2020.
Listen to our Research Fellow Anna Berlina speaking about the impact digitalisation has had upon some Nordic regions:
Related Research Projects
- TG2 Innovative and Resilient Regions – Roadshow report
- The Nordic Thematic Group for Innovative and Resilient Regions 2017–2020 – final report
- Synergies between Nordic studies on resilience, digitalisation, smart specialisation and skills development
- Is the coast clear? The role of digitalisation for enabling blue growth in the cross-border region of Svinesund
- Governing the Digital Transition in the Nordic Regions
- Closed borders and divided communities: status report and lessons from Covid-19 in cross-border areas