This Nordregio Policy Brief is designed to provide policymakers working in growing cities and regions with policy options to accommodate population growth without vast urban sprawl.
Even in Stockholm, Europe’s green capital in 2010, there are possibilities for policy improvements in shaping the urban form while accommodating population growth.
- A Spatial Analysis of City-Regions: Urban Form & Service Accessibility
- Addressing social sustainability through everyday life: Experience from a pilot study in four Nordic city-regions
- Integrated Models: Planning Urban Sustainability
- Integrating Urban Planning and Regional Development
- Planning Nordic City Regions: Challenges and Opportunities
- Towards sustainable Nordic city-regions