Regional innovation and resilience
The concept of regional resilience, essential in today’s uncertain landscape, examines how well regions and communities adapt to global shocks and changes. The Covid-19 pandemic highlighted weaknesses in Nordic welfare systems and global governance structures, prompting Nordregio to study and enhance regional resilience in Nordic and cross-border regions.
Concurrently, emphasis on regional innovation has risen within the European Union and Nordic countries. Strategies like smart specialisation policies encourage Nordic regions to leverage their strengths for innovative economic activities. This approach, highlighted in the Nordic Vision 2030, underlines the importance of innovation in achieving sustainability.
Nordregio’s extensive expertise in regional innovation policy and governance analysis lays the foundation for developing Nordic regional innovation systems theory. Their possession of necessary data and tools enables continuous improvement of research methods, solidifying their position in this field.
Related Research Projects
- ESPON TERRES
- Smart Adaptation to Rural Realities: Approaches and practices in Nordic municipalities and regions
- Re-start competence mobility in the Nordic Region
- Green innovation: Systems perspective and mission-oriented policies (GRINGO)
- Nordic Regional Leadership
- Early career mobility in the Nordic region
- Arena for Green, Innovative and Resilient Regions
- Skills Policies – Building Capacities for Innovative and Resilient Nordic Regions