Sofia is a communications specialist interested in youth involvement, rural development, Agenda 2030, creative content production, social media and outreach.
Her professional background lies in news journalism and communication.
- Master of Social Sciences (M.Soc.Sc.), Politics and communication, University of Helsinki (2020)
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (B.Soc.Sc.), Journalism, minors in Nordic languages and Global Trendwatching, University of Helsinki (2017)
- Communications officer, Finlands svenska sång- och musikförbund (2019-2022)
- News reporter, Finnish Broadcasting Company YLE (2015, 2017-2019)
- FUME: Future Migration Scenarios for Europe
- Local ownership in transitions towards sustainable energy systems
- Digital inclusion in action
- Gen Z Agency: Mobilising young people to strengthen Nordic rural areas
- Youth for Sustainable Living
- Nordic-Baltic 5G Monitoring tool
- Nordic Food Environments and Behavior Change for Better Diets
- Smart Adaptation to Rural Realities: Approaches and practices in Nordic municipalities and regions
- Can local ownership facilitate the transition towards greener energy systems? Highly topical research project maps out possibilities and challenges
- Permafrost thaw in the Arctic and sand extraction in Greenland – new articles from Nordregio researchers
- 5G applications in public services: What to envision for Nordic-Baltic cross-border collaboration?
- Locally produced energy: Solar energy on the rooftops in Nacka and a windmill park in Bornholm
- Co-creating rural futures in Europe
- Nordregio presented during EU seminar on the green transition
- Why is it so hard to switch to healthier diets?
- Nordregio Forum 2022: Changing Labour Markets and Greener Communities
- FUME: Policy workshop on migration drivers and scenarios
- Service provision and access to services in Nordic rural areas
- 5G matchmaking event: Smart societies and the health sector
- Nordic workshop: Behaviour change for sustainable food consumption