Nordic Economic Policy Review (NEPR) aims to convey policy-relevant, up to date research on different economic issues. The review produces one issue per year, each time with a new topic and researchers. NEPR strives to make the latest economic research accessible to both decision-makers and a broader audience, as well as to contribute to Nordic knowledge exchange on economic policy issues and challenges.
The first edition was published in 2010 and looked at the fiscal consequences of the financial crisis. Since then, topics such as the housing market, the Nordic welfare model, income inequality, labour market integration, and many more have been presented.
Each editor runs the review for a period of three years, and previous editors include prominent researchers such as Lars Calmfors and Torben Andersen. The current editor, Harry Flam, was previously the Chair of the Swedish Fiscal Policy Council.
NEPR gets its funding from the Nordic Council of Ministers for Finance through the Nordic Committee of Senior Officials for Finance (EK-FINANS). Nordregio acts as the administrative body and project coordinator since 2015.
Besides the review itself, the project has two events per year: A peer-review conference in the autumn when the draft articles are presented and discussed as well as a more policy-oriented launch event during the spring.
Previous reviews can be found in NordPub/DiVA for free.
Related Research Projects
- Income Inequality in the Nordic Countries – How do we handle it?
- Increased income inequality high on the political agenda
- Increasing Income Inequality in the Nordics: New publication on 18 April
- New Report: COVID-19 increased the employment gap in the Nordic labour markets
- A pressing problem: Are the rural housing markets frozen?
- Social housing – a forbidden issue in Sweden?
- Nordic Economic Policy Review at Nordic Finance Ministers meeting in Washington
- New issue of Nordregio Magazine: Climate Policies in the Nordics – are we doing it right?
- New report: From migrants to workers
- Measuring the cost of integrating refugees
- 10 Nov: Labour Market Integration in the Nordic Countries: What can we learn from each other?
- Nordic Economic Policy Review Conference in Helsinki
- Stockholm launch unveils latest edition of acclaimed Nordic Economic Policy Review
- Embracing a Just Green Transition: Insights from the Nordic Tripartite Dialogue
- Nordic Economic Policy Review 2020: Financial Regulation and Macroeconomic Stability
- Housing Policies in the Nordics – Nordic Economic Policy Review 2021
- Launch of Nordic Economic Policy Review 2019: Climate Policies in the Nordics
- COVID-19 effects on the economy in the Nordics – Nordic Economic Policy Review 2022
- Covid-19 effects on the economy in the Nordics: Nordic Economic Policy Review 2022
- NEPR 2022: Peer-review seminar
- 20 + 21 October: NEPR peer-review seminar on Housing Markets and Policies
- Financial Regulation and Microeconomic Stability in the Nordics
- Webinar: Fiscal sustainability report launch
- Integrating immigrants into the Nordic labour markets – Launch event for Nordic Council of Ministers report
- Climate Policy and the Nordic Countries Conference
- Climate neutrality by 2050: Nordic Economic Policy Review conference
- Fiscal stabilizers in Nordic countries: Nordic Economic Policy Review Conference