Nordic Economic Policy Review aims to produce policy relevant research within the field of economics.
The first edition of the Nordic Economic Policy Review was launched in 2009 by the Nordic Ministers of Finance. The review strives to make the latest economic research accessible to decision makers as well as to a broader audience and to contribute to Nordic knowledge exchange on economic policy issues and challenges. The review is produced by the Nordic Council of Ministers and Nordregio. NEPR is run by a steering group comprising representatives of the Nordic Ministries of Finance and the academic project manager, Lars Calmfors, Professor of International Economics at Stockholm University and Nordregio. One edition of the journal is published each year on a theme determined by the steering Group, Nordregio and the academic project manager. A launch event is also held each year in order to create a policy-oriented discussion about the current topics.
The 2020 edition looks into Financial Regulation and Macroeconomic Stability in the Nordics. The issue discusses how stable our financial markets are today and choices that Nordic policymakers in the fields of monetary and financial policy have to make. Leading Nordic academics present analyses of these issues that are to be published in the Nordic Economic Policy Review. The analyses will be commented by both academic experts and practitioners from central banks, ministries of finance and financial markets.
The 2020 issue will address questions like:
- How great are the risks of new financial shocks in the world economy?
- How resilient is the Nordic financial sector against such shocks?
- To what extent should monetary policy take credit growth and rising real estate prices into account?
- How stringent macroprudential rules are needed to limit household debt?
- Will EU bail-in rules help mitigate or will they exacerbate financial crises if they arise?
- Which are the pros and cons of membership in the EU’s banking union?
Previous reviews can be found in NordPub/DiVA for free.
Nordregio acts as project coordinator and communications manager.