A study about “state of play, practices and needs” on how Nordic regions work to promote innovation and entrepreneurship for a greener economy.
In 2015, the Nordic Working Group for Green Growth – Innovation and Entrepreneurship commissioned Nordregio to conduct a study of the “state of play, practices and needs” related to how Nordic regions work to promote innovation and entrepreneurship for a greener economy. Promoting green growth and building greener economies has been at the top of the agenda in Nordic countries.
Green growth is about the pursuit of economic growth and social development while preventing environmental degradation, loss of biodiversity and unsustainable resource use. It is a pre-requisite for building a green economy in the context of sustainable development. This study specifically examines the main challenges that impede green growth in Nordic countries, and identifies potential ways of overcoming these challenges and driving the green growth agenda forward.
- Nordregio News Issue 1 2012: Green Economy in Policy and Practice
- Developing a greener economy in Nordic regions: interventions to overcome the challenges
- Towards sustainable Nordic city-regions
- Green transition in Nordic regions: State of play, practices and needs
- The potential of industrial symbiosis as a key driver of green growth in Nordic regions
- Economic crisis management, vulnerable regions and future regional policy