A social scientist with an academic background in public policy and social protection, focused on quantitative policy analysis. Hjördís is currently finishing her MA degree in Research, specialising in rural development.
- MSc Public Policy & Human Development, Maastricht University UNU-MERIT, Netherlands
- BA Social and Economic Development, University of Akureyri, Iceland
- Icelandic (Native)
- English (Fluent)
- Portuguese, Spanish (Working knowledge)
- Scandinavian (In progress)
- Graduate assistant, University of Akureyri, Iceland
- PISA Test Administrator, Directorate of Education, Iceland
- Intern and Technical advisor, Icelandic Development Agency, Mozambique
- Research assistant, Stefansson Arctic Institute, Iceland
Related Research Projects
- Discussion paper: A “Just Green Transition” for Rural Areas in the Nordic Region: key concepts and implications
- The Nordic Region and the 2030 Agenda: Governance and engagement (2021-2022)
- Should I stay or should I go? Early career mobility and migration drivers
- Embracing the just green transition on the Nordic labour market
- From Fields to Futures: 40 action points for rural revitalisation
- Gen Z Agency: Mobilising young people to strengthen Nordic rural areas – What we did and how we did it
- Rooting for the Rural: Changing narratives and creating opportunities for Nordic rural youth
- Why is it so hard to switch to healthier diets?
- Gender Equality in the Blue Economy
- Zooming in on Gen Z: What’s next for the Nordic Region?
- Nordic youth panel recommendations shared with regional ministers and the OECD at recent events
- The Nordic Rural Youth Panel publishes 40 action points for making rural areas attractive for youth