Geographer specialised in transnational labour migration, agricultural change, peri-urban land-use change, regional development, remote sensing, data management, and GIS.
PhD in Social and Economic Geography, Uppsala University, Sweden, 2019
MSc in Geography, Stockholm University, Sweden, 2009
BA in Latin American Studies, Stockholm University, Sweden, 2006
PhD Candidate and Lecturer, Department of Social and Economic Geography, Uppsala University, Sweden, 2012-2019
Visiting PhD Candidate, Centre for Planning and Management, University of San Simón, Cochabamba, Bolivia, 2015-2016
Intern, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), Medellín, Colombia, 2011
Teaching Assistant, Department of Physical Geography and Quaternary Geology, Stockholm University, Sweden, 2010-2012
Teaching Assistant and Research Assistant, Department of Human Geography, Stockholm University, 2009-2012
Jokinen, Johanna C. 2018. Bolivian transnational livelihoods. Impacts of labour migration on wellbeing and farming in Cochabamba. Geographica 20. 125 pp. Uppsala: Department of Social and Economic Geography. ISBN 978-91-506-2737-4. Doctoral Thesis in Social and Economic Geography.
Jokinen, Johanna C. 2018. Migration-related land use dynamics in increasingly hybrid peri-urban space: insights from two agricultural communities in Bolivia. Population and Environment 40(2): 136-157.
Caretta, Martina A., Danielle Drozdzewski, Johanna C. Jokinen and Emily Falconer. 2018. “Who can play this game?” The lived experiences of doctoral candidates and early career women in the neoliberal university. Journal of Geography in Higher Education 42(2): 261-275.
Caretta, Martina A. and Johanna C. Jokinen. 2017. Conflating privilege and vulnerability: A reflexive analysis of emotions and positionality in postgraduate fieldwork. The Professional Geographer 69(2): 275-283.
Jokinen, Johanna C. and Martina A. Caretta. 2016. When bodies do not fit: an analysis of postgraduate fieldwork. Gender, Place & Culture 23(12): 1665-1676.
Jokinen, Johanna. 2009. From dump-sites to resilient urban residence areas: Successful adaptation to tropical cyclone related flooding in Nicaragua. MSc Thesis in Geography, 45 HECs, Department of Physical Geography and Quaternary Geology, Stockholm University.
Jokinen, Johanna. 2009. Den ryska diasporan i Christchurch. In Geographical studies in Aotearoa 2007: Report from a Geographical Field Course in New Zealand, March-April 2007, edited by Gertrud Hultblad, Anders Fridfelt and Peter Kinlund. Stockholm Geographical Reports No. 16, s. 89-121.
- Share the Care
- FUME: Future Migration Scenarios for Europe
- Health care and care with distance-spanning technologies, e-health and digitalisation
- RELOCAL (Resituating the local in cohesion and territorial development)
- Trend analysis for Bioeconomy in the Baltic Sea Region
- Rural tourism in the Nordic region
- Reducing loneliness among older adults in times of covid-19 and beyond: Experiences from three Swedish Municipalities (REDLON)
- Welfare Institutes in Sparsely Populated Areas (WIiSPA)
- Active and Healthy Ageing in the Nordic Region
- Welfare institutes in sparsely populated areas
- Planning for sustainable tourism in the Nordic rural regions – Cruise tourism, the right to roam and other examples of identified challenges in a place-specific context
- Digital Health Care and Social Care – Regional development impacts in the Nordic countries
- Planning for sustainable tourism in the Nordic region
- Combatting long-term unemployment among immigrants
- Can we break the isolation? Experiences of digital tools in elderly care in three Swedish municipalities
- Contraction of national economies in Western Europe, 2020
- Unemployment typology
- Population change by component 2020
- Population change by component 2010-2019
- Net internal migration rate 2020
- Net internal migration rate, 2010-2019
- Net international migration rate, 2020
- Net international migration rate, 2010–2019
- Change in the number of births in the Nordics
- Change in the number of births in Europe
- The share of laid-off employees at municipal and regional level
- Employment rate 2020
- Help Santa to work remotely – where to locate in 2021?
- Algae production in 2019
- Sustainability classification of tourism development plans (TDPs)
- Major immigration flows to the Nordic Region from 2010 to 2019
- Change in share of biofuels in transport from 2010 to 2018
- Share of biofuels in transport in 2018
- Households’ access to basic broadband in 2018
- Population aged 80 years and over, as a share of total population, in 2019
- Internal net migration of 30 to 39 years-of-age, by gender, in 2010-2019
- Internal net migration of 20 to 29 years-of-age, by gender, in 2010-2019
- Degree of rurality at the municipal and regional level in 2017
- Nordic local labour market areas 2018
- Internal net migration as percentage of population 2010–2018
- Smart specialisation domains in Swedish regions
- Internal and international net migration 2010-2018
- Total population change by main component 2010-2018
- EU JRC S3 Platform 2019 in Nordic regions
- Regional innovation scoreboard 2019
- Urban-rural typology of the Nordic regions 2020
- Largest minority group by municipality 2018
- Finnish medical record service (Omakanta) users, as a share of total population, in 2018