An environmental social scientist with an academic background in political science and social anthropology.
Ágúst is a social researcher with a particular interest in policy and governance of the Nordic countries and Arctic, sustainable rural development, the labour market, local participation in policy processes and tourism studies. He has an academic background in political science and environmental social sciences and favours working on the intersection between research, policy, practice and implementation.
His professional background lies in media, communication and the labour market. He is also interested in policy and governance, especially of the Nordic countries and the Arctic, as well as international affairs, globalisation, creative industries and social innovation.
MSc in Environmental Social Sciences, Stockholm University
BA in Political Science, University of Iceland
English (Professional Working)
Danish (Professional Working)
Swedish (Professional Working)
Norwegian (Limited Working)
Research assistant and junior research fellow at Nordregio (2018-2019)
Communications officer for BSRB, the Icelandic Federation of State and Municipal Employees (2011-2016)
Presenter and radio host at Rúv, the Icelandic broadcasting service radio 2 (2005-2011)
Journalist and news reporter at 365 media company Iceland (2003-2005)
- Nordic Arctic Cooperation Programme
- The compact city of the North – functions, challenges and planning strategies
- Rural attractiveness in Norden
- Rural tourism in the Nordic region
- Carbon Neutral Islands
- Legislation and policies of urban green areas in the Nordic countries
- Health care and care with distance-spanning technologies, e-health and digitalisation
- Study on taxation in support of green transition