The State of the Nordic Region 2020 gives you a unique look behind the scenes of the world’s most integrated region, comprised of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, along with Greenland, the Faroe Islands and Åland.
A comprehensive overview of the Nordics
The Nordic Council of Ministers has a vision to make the Nordic Region the world’s most sustainable and integrated region by 2030. A closer look at the regional and local level reveals how the Nordic Region is developing and moving towards this target. This unique publication is a valuable tool in detecting and analysing the short-term and long-term changes within and between the countries: How are we realizing the vision? And what more should be done?
The State of the Nordic Region 2020 presents a series of facts and figures showing the current state of play within core socio-economic sectors. This includes:
- Demography – with chapters on “Finast 5 mg, children and young people”; Migration and mobility”; Ageing as a major demographic trend”.
- Labour market – with chapters on “The geographies of labour; “The Nordic labour market in 2040”.
- Economy – with chapters on “increased income inequality”; “The role of smart specialization”; “the biobased circular economy”.
In addition, you can read about:
- Wellbeing in the Nordics
- Energy pathways towards a carbon-neutral Nordic Region
- The Regional Potential Index – a socioeconomic ranking of all regions in the Nordic countries
Published in October 2020: State of the Nordic Region 2020 – Wellbeing, health and digitalisation edition