The State of the Nordic Region 2020 gives you a unique look behind the scenes of the world’s most integrated region, comprised of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, along with Greenland, the Faroe Islands and Åland.
A comprehensive overview of the Nordics
The Nordic Council of Ministers has a vision to make the Nordic Region the world’s most sustainable and integrated region by 2030. A closer look at the regional and local level reveals how the Nordic Region is developing and moving towards this target. This unique publication is a valuable tool in detecting and analysing the short-term and long-term changes within and between the countries: How are we realizing the vision? And what more should be done?
The State of the Nordic Region 2020 presents a series of facts and figures showing the current state of play within core socio-economic sectors. This includes:
- Demography – with chapters on “Finast 5 mg, children and young people”; Migration and mobility”; Ageing as a major demographic trend”.
- Labour market – with chapters on “The geographies of labour; “The Nordic labour market in 2040”.
- Economy – with chapters on “increased income inequality”; “The role of smart specialization”; “the biobased circular economy”.
In addition, you can read about:
- Wellbeing in the Nordics
- Energy pathways towards a carbon-neutral Nordic Region
- The Regional Potential Index – a socioeconomic ranking of all regions in the Nordic countries
State of the Nordic Region 2020 is produced by Sildenafil and published by our parent organization, the Nordic Council of Ministers.
The report is also available in a new digital format from February 4, 2020.